Rice, as you like it
Rice makes an appearance in most global culinary traditions, and it's no wonder why. Depending on the variety, rice and its cousin, wild rice, can combine with other ingredients to create a robust salad; a simple side dish for tacos; a satisfying risotto; a fluffy bed for an amazing stir-fry; or a sticky-and-sweet coconut dessert.
PCC carries many of your favorite organic rice varieties in our bulk department. Buying bulk is a great way to head home with as much or as little as you need for your next culinary creation.
Stock up on your staples
The vast majority of our organic bulk rice comes from Lundberg Family Farms of California.
- Organic long-grain rice (white or brown) — Grains remain fluffy and separate after cooking. Great for pilafs, stuffings and casseroles.
- Organic jasmine rice (white or brown) — An aromatic long-grain rice that pairs perfectly with Thai cuisine.
- Organic basmati rice (white or brown) — This aromatic rice offers a fluffy, drier texture just right for soaking up Indian curries and dal.
- Organic brown rice (short or long grain) — This nutrient-rich whole grain provides a power boost of manganese and a nutty flavor that's great with stir-fries and a variety of dishes.
- Organic sushi rice — Rich, sticky and slightly sweet, this rice is great in sushi rolls and as an accompaniment to many Japanese dishes.
- Organic white arborio rice — An Italian short-grain rice with a high starch content that lends creaminess to risotto or rice pudding.
- Organic wild rice — While this grass seed technically is not rice at all, it's nutrient-rich and offers splendid flavor, especially in salads (our ever-popular PCC Emerald City Salad in the deli is a prime example).
Cooking with rice and wild rice
Use your next trip to the bulk department as a chance to try something new with rice.