PLU # 3136
PCC Deli Beet and Chevre Sandwich
Ingredients: Essential mille grane bread (organic whole wheat flour, organic unbleached wheat flour, organic wheat berries, organic polenta, organic millet, organic sunflower seeds, organic poppy seeds, organic wheat bran, yeast, organic malt, sea salt), marinated beets (organic beets, white balsamic vinegar, red onion), goat cheese (goat milk), organic arugula
PCC's nutrition comment: Don't stress about the sugar here, it's from beets, not added sugars. Beets and carrots are unique in the vegetable world, because they are high in natural sugars. It is unfortunate that nutrition labels do not distinguish between natural and added sugars.
- High fiber
- Nutrient dense
New search | Back
Note: This database includes nutritionally verified dishes created by the PCC Deli (hence, it does not include occasional items such as daily specials). As a seasonal grocer, please remember that not every dish listed is available year-round. Also, not all items are available at all stores, as each PCC Deli offers a seasonal selection tailored to its shoppers. Please call ahead to your neighborhood PCC Deli to determine availability.
If you have questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- High fiber: 2.5g or more fiber per serving
- High protein: 10g protein, with 40% or more total kcal from protein
- Low sodium: 140 mg or less sodium per serving
- Low fat: 5 grams or less total fat per serving
- Low saturated fat: 2 grams or less saturated fat per serving
- Low calories: 120kcal or less per serving
- Cholesterol free: 0mg cholesterol
- Nutrient dense: 25% or more of any 2 of the 4 micronutrients (Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, Iron)
- Whole grain: Made with 100% whole grains
- Cruciferous vegetable: One of the first 3 ingredients is a cruciferous vegetable, such as cabbage, broccoli, or kale