Notes from the Cellar archive articles
Our monthly column has moved! Read the new blog »
- December 2010, All that sparkles
- November 2010, Tune in, turn on, say “Aaahhh ...”
- October 2010, Autumn, amen
- September 2010, Whirled history
- August 2010, Bitter. Sweet.
- July 2010, Turning brilliance to dreck
- June 2010, On a mission
- May 2010, May flowers, May Day, maybe ...
- April 2010, Styx and Stones, sort of
- March 2010, In like a lion (or a cranky old curmudgeon)
- February 2010, As I was saying ...
- January 2010, Resolve, et cetera
- December 2009, Prelude to the sequel
- November 2009, Giving thanks
- October 2009, Coda: Allegro Vivace
- September 2009, Just a beverage
- August 2009, Mmmm, ahhhhh ... (burp)
- July 2009, Euphemisms, tall tales and outright lies
- June 2009, Holy mackerel
- May 2009, On the road, again ...
- April 2009, What's in a word
- March 2009, Everywhere
- February 2009, Running laps
- January 2009, Snake oil
- December 2008, In other’s words ...
- November 2008, Sustain this
- October 2008, Good intentions
- September 2008, On soul
- August 2008, Still on the road, more or less
- July 2008, On the road (continued ...)
- June 2008, On the road (continued ...)
- May 2008, Sur la route (On the road)
- April 2008, On the Road
- March 2008, Seven squared
- February 2008, Heresy
- January 2008, Adagio
- December 2007, Make a list, check it twice: the sequel
- November 2007, Make a list, check it twice: part I
Shameless proselytizing with your drinking pleasure in mind
- October 2007, Trick or treat
- September 2007, Off-leash observations
- July 2007, Qué Syrah! (What Syrah?)
- June 2007, First-pitch swinging
- May 2007, Dirt matters
- April 2007, Stop hollerin’ at me
- March 2007, Washington on the March
- February 2007, Easy street
- January 2007, Cleaning out the attic
About the author
Jeff Cox is the wine and beer merchandiser at PCC. Over the years, he's built close relationships with vineyards worldwide and in our neck of the woods. He's even worked with select local vineyards to create some of the spectacular wines we carry.
In addition to this monthly column, check out his featured wines list.
Meet our producers